Startup Weekend, the global entrepreneurship phenomenon is coming to Charleston on September 12th – 14th.
Startup Weekend Charleston
Venue: The Lowcountry Tech Academy
Dates: Sept. 12th – 14th
WHAT: Charleston Startup Weekend is a weekend-long, hands-on experience that brings together aspiring entrepreneurs to build scalable companies that solve real world problems. Part of a global network of events, Startup Weekends are 54-hour events where designers, developers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups.
WHO: Makers, programmers, marketers, designers, builders, entrepreneurs and writers—anyone who wants to learn or loves the process of creating a new product or service and turning it into a business. On average, half of Startup Weekend’s attendees have technical or design backgrounds, the other half have business backgrounds.
Volunteer coaches with experience in business and technology will be available to help the teams and local judges and speakers include:
- Steve Swanson, Founder of Automated Trading Desk;
- Gray Somerville, CEO Telogical Systems;
- Eric Bowman, Co-Founder / CEO SPARC;
- Michael Knox, Managing Partner at Silicon Harbor Capital Management LLC;
- Rich Yessian, Owner, Blue Ion, LLC;
- Prag (Pragnesh) Shah, SVP at Zubie, Inc.; and
- Gavin McCulley, Angel Capital Group – Charleston.
WHEN: September 12-14th, 2014
WHERE: Lowcountry Tech Academy in the heart of downtown Charleston: 1002 King St, Charleston, SC 29403
Register today: http://charleston.startupweekend.org/